After installing my rain barrel system at my parents home, and once it was full to the brim, I went out to see how well the overflow works. I discovered a puddle around the downspout and water percolating from the cement rain drain it fed into.
After some excavating I discovered a fractured pipe full of roots and roof debris, clearly water was not flowing through this. These pipes were most likely installed when the house was built back in the mid 60′s. So after weighing the options, and hoping for a best case scenario, it was decided that a pickaxe was to be purchased and digging would commence.
Click here to continue reading >>>>>